St. Johns River Trip - Latest Map Update



Click to view in a larger map. Click icons for more info

22 December, 2009


Farewell, farewell, my backwards world
For all your riches scrambling
I’m bourn away by River’s shore
My own life I am gambling
To wild places not confined
By cold and lifeless walls
Let water wash away your lies
Divorce me from your fall

Farewell, farewell, you heartless lot
Hard bound in slavery
Machines has money made of you
And stole humanity
I pity you well-civilized
For your reward has come
In concrete, plastic, steel and glass
You make your lifeless home

Farewell, farewell society
You cardboard prop of old
Behind you lie the countless killed
To line men’s chests with gold
Farewell you artificial world
I’m going to be free
In places where my heart finds rest
In places far from thee.


-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment