St. Johns River Trip - Latest Map Update



Click to view in a larger map. Click icons for more info

11 November, 2009

Good News!

Good news: for now at least we have a green light on water levels in the southern basin from Hector Herrera, the Basin Program Manager for the Department of Water Resources. Humorously enough (now, anyway), in his email to me he told me "If you are launching at Blue Cypress Lake, you will head north into M canal and come to your first levee which you will have to pull your canoes over. If you use the airboat jump, be aware that I ran into a nest of nasty African honey bees on the north side of the jump that stung my party and me pretty good."

Yeah, those are totally the ones that went after David and me on our trip in March (take a look back in the earlier posts to see the videos and posts about it)! The dang hive is STILL THERE! We'll have to be extra careful that we don't make the same mistake over again. What's that saying, again: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...I get the crap stung out of me a second time!"

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment