St. Johns River Trip - Latest Map Update



Click to view in a larger map. Click icons for more info

25 February, 2009

The Wonder Kayak...

Good news concerning the Big Trip. My step dad was over in the New Smyrna area going fishing in some pond in the woods, when suddenly he came across a 16ft touring kayak, sitting submerged in the water! It was covered with algae and everything, apparently having sat there for many months to a year, but my step dad hauled it up on land and brought it home to wash it out. He sent me a picture of it once it was clean, and this thing is awesome! What are the chances of just finding a kayak like that sticking out of a small inland lake, and only a few weeks before our trip? It must be a sign :) So it looks like David is going to be taking the fast blue kayak while I may be taking this new 16ft wonder kayak! Apparently it's purple but, heck, if it gets me from A to B as quick as I need it too, I don't care if the thing's neon pink! It seems that the stars are aligning :)

-Daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment