St. Johns River Trip - Latest Map Update



Click to view in a larger map. Click icons for more info

04 March, 2009

Dang!

Bad news on the wonder kayak; it's not actually so wonderful. I drove over to the house to check it out yesterday, and realized that it was, in fact, not 16ft, but 12ft long (I must have misheard my stepdad). On top of this, it ended up being one of the those rare kiddie kayaks that are only made for kids. I could barely fit my legs down into the opening! I think it's safe to say that I definately won't be taking that thing on the trip. Looks like it's back to the orange one, but that's okay. In a way, it's kind of fitting that we should bring "Old Orange", because we took it on the very first Riverbluff Canoe Trip; just that and a canoe. Old Orange is the wonder kayak now!

No comments:

Post a Comment