St. Johns River Trip - Latest Map Update



Click to view in a larger map. Click icons for more info

20 December, 2009

dried apricots

Greetings! This is Stephen, and this is my first post on here. This will be the first time ever that I grab the food and clothes that I can carry on my back and leave society for several days. From the family and friends I've talked to, most of them think of this trip as some kind of extremity. Even though we live in a time where it's common for people to rarely go camping, or even never leave the busy streets and shopping malls, I think that we should all be reminded, atleast every so often, that the natural world is probably the most beautiful thing that a human being can experience. I'm glad I have a canoe so that I can have the ability to go explore the natural world. And I'm glad that I'll be experiencing it with three friends who are ready to have a great time together. Surely I will learn a lot from this and memories will be made.

-Chief Sacajawea

No comments:

Post a Comment